Thursday, July 23, 2009

Talking head

Coin issued during the reign of Roman emperor ...Image via Wikipedia

"A penny for your thoughts," I said.

"Heads," she said.

"We're still talking pennies?"

"Yes," she said. "When I toss a coin, I always flip a penny."

"You don't toss quarters?" I asked.

"A head is a head. Shiny or not."

"You toss a head with a beard on it, whereas I toss a non-beard head."

"Most Presidents didn't have beards," she said. "Did you know that?"

"I didn't know that."

"We went through a phase I think in the 1800s where every President had a beard."

"That's why Andrew Johnson always stood out," I said. "He had no beard in the midst of beards."

"Do you want tails?"

"I always choose tails then head."

Heads, she corrected.

"Do other countries flip their heads of states too?" I wondered. "Do they have coins with beards?"

"Presumably."

"Castro -- does he have a coin of himself in Cuba? Did Saddam Hussein--the bearded, later version--have a commemorative coin made? That's what I heard. I heard Hussein knew he would be going into hiding and ordered a coin made of himself with a beard."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment